State government has gifted its employees with an unexpected gift. In a meeting of the State Administrative Council (SAC), was sanctioned the implementation of the group mediclaim insurance policy for all state government employees from October 1 this year. Here are a few quick facts to know:
- The scheme will also benefit employees of PSUs, autonomous bodies and universities on a mandatory basis.
- Benefit would also be given to pensioners, AIS officers, ad hoc, contractual, daily rated workers, work charged/contingent paid workers and their dependant family members.
- The benefits will be provided on optional basis for a period of one year and extendable annually for three years, based on the claim settlement ratio and satisfactory performance of the insurer.
- The policy will include a medical insurance cover of Rs 6 lakh for individual employees up to five family members with a corporate buffer of Rs 10 crore.
Read also: Things to know about Municipal and Panchayat elections in Jammu and Kashmir
- The premium to be paid by the employee annually would be Rs 5,176.84. For pensioners, the premium would be Rs18,628 annually.
- Further, the deduction of the annual premium would be made from the salaries of the employees in four installments.