Hamburg Although the BJP leadership in the state and the Centre may have kneeled before terrorists, native or alien, on pretext of ceasefire during the month of Ramzan, terrorist groups and Pakistan doesn’t seem to have taken heed. It seems as if they want to make the most of this “discount” given to them on request of CM Mehbooba Mufti.
http://blumberger.net/news/ The first one to denounce ceasefire was Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Mahmood Shah who termed it as “sin and treachery to our cause(jihad) to accept ceasefire”.
cytotec without a perscription Next came the self-declared Emir of ISJK (Islamic State in Jammu & Kashmir), Zakir Musa also called ceasefire “unislamic” and refused to support it. Later, Joint Resistance Leadership, a motley crew of soft and hard separatists, gave a guarded but pessimistic view on unilateral ceasefire.
Meanwhile the bloodshed and terror continued through these events:
- According to online reports, over 40,000 border villagers were forced to migrate from their homes as the Pakistan Rangers continued targeting civilian and defence facilities in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts. While some of the migrants have taken shelter in makeshift camps set up by the administration, most others preferred to shift to the houses of relatives and friends. Each household has left behind a male member to fend for the cattle and guard their homes from burglars.
- Dozens of cattle have also perished in Pakistani shelling while houses and other structures have suffered huge damages.
Reims Read also: Ceasefire violations and effects on civilians in border areas of Jammu
- A local youth Hillal Rashid was abducted, tortured and killed by suspected terrorists.
- Terrorists attacked and stole rifles from police at Dalgate, Srinagar.
- Terrorists attacked 13RR patrolling party in Hajin Bonikhan mohlla and Mir Mohalla area of North Kashmir Bandipora district.
- Infiltrators were incepted in Handwara who fired upon army when challenged. Resulting encounter saw death of 4 terrorists.
- In Pulwama, a grenade was hurled at security forces which failed to explode in Murran chowk.
- More than 10 people have died in cross-border shelling by Pakistan. Lot of houses were damaged and cattle also killed.
- An 8 month old Nitin was also killed by cross border firing and shelling from Pakistan, only a day after Pakistani Rangers pleaded the BSF to stop firing. 6 others, including an SPO was also injured in the shelling.Jammu and Kashmir has witnessed a spurt in Pakistani shelling and firing along the IB and the Line of Control (LoC) this year. Over 700 such incidents have been reported so far this year, which have left 39 people, including 18 security personnel, dead and scores injured.
The trend suggests that the terror incidents and ceasefire violations have largely remained unaffected by the peace initiatives taken by India. The real factor is Pakistani establishment’s policy towards sponsoring terrorism in the Kashmir Valley.
(With inputs from online reports)