Sagalo Finally trial run of much hyped Jammu Ropeway Project from Bahu to Mahamaya temple is initiated by J&K Cable Car Corporation Limited successfully. This project is aimed at connecting heritage sites in Jammu city and boost tourism in the state. The first cable car project of the state was commissioned in 1988.
Finsterwalde Here are 7 Amazing Facts You Should Know About prestigious Jammu Ropeway Project:
- The ropeway from Bahu Fort to Mahamaya Park in Jammu is the second such project in the state after Gulmarg in Kashmir. It took the state 30 years to construct another such project.
- Planned in 1995, the Rs 75-crore project was to be operated from Bahu Fort to Mubarak Mandi Complex initially. The project was modified and relocated when Mubarak Mandi and Bahu Fort were declared protected monuments.
- Peerkho is the first take off point of ropeway, Mahamaya temple – second landing bay area and Bagh-e-Bahu – the third and final destination. For the project, huge chunk of land has been acquired for developing parking, restaurant, viewing decks, landscaping, ticketing and landscaping for the conveniences of tourists.
- In the Section-I Mahamaya station 7 No. of Tower structures have been completed besides 12 coaches will start running on the first stretch in the middle of this year.
- The 1.57-km-long cable car project has two phases, first from Bahu Fort to Mahamaya Park, which is 447 metre long, and the second from Mahamaya to Peerkho over the Tawi with a total length of 1,118 metre.
neurontin 100 mg capsule Read also: Things to Know about Zojila tunnel project
- According to media reports, the JKCCCL has procured critical components of the cable car from Turkey, Switzerland, Austria and Germany.
- The project will give a boost to the tourism industry of the Jammu region and people will spend more time in Jammu during their visit to the Mata Vaishno Devi shrine, Amarnath shrine, Patnitop and other tourist destinations in Jammu province.
http://fortemglobal.com/x1-campus-buy-let-student-accommodation-circa-6 (With inputs from online reports)