2017 was quite an eventful year. for Jammu & Kashmir. Here is a short recap of the things you should know that happened this year:
- JANUARY 14:J&K orders 33 per cent reservation for women for sarpanch seats.
- FEBRUARY 17: Almost a revolt in the PDP after Minister for Revenue Basharat Bukhari and Minister for IT Imran Reza Ansari resign after CM Mehbooba Mufti conducts a reshuffle of portfolios.
- Feb 21- J&K becomes the first Indian state to issue order on curtailment of wedding expenditures.
- APRIL 2: Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the country’s longest road tunnel that links Kashmir Valley with Jammu – Chenani-Nashri Tunnelby an all-weather route and reduces the distance by 31 kms.
- APRIL 9: 2% turnout in Srinagar Lok Sabha bypoll.
- May 6: Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti inaugurated the 1.5 Kilometer long Bikram Chowk to Women’s College flyover in Jammu.
- MAY10: Lieutenant Ummer Fayaz abducted and shot dead by militants in Shopia district.
- JUNE 4: The NIA conducts raids in Jammu and Srinagar to unearth hawa la funding to separatists.
- JUNE 23: DSP Ayub Paidith lynched by a mob near Jamia Masjid in Srinagar on Shab-e-Qadr.
- JULY 5:The Legislative Assembly adopts a resolution for implementing the goods and services tax in J&K through a Presidential Order.
- JULY 10: Terrorists attack a bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims from Gujarat kiIling seven of them.
- AUGUST: Most wanted Lashkar-e-Toiba militant Abu Dujana killed by security faces.
- August: Jammu and kashmir: Braid chopping incidents.
- Vikramaditya Singh resigns from PDP, says govt policies ‘anti-Jammu’.
- OCTOBER 23: Center appoints Dineshwar Sharma as its special representative for dialogue on J&K.
- Sonam Wangchuk and Rukmani Sambyal From J&K in KBC
- NOVEMBER 22: Mehbooba Mufti announces withdrawal of FiRs against first-time stone throwers.
- The Rajouri Police have lodged an FIR against unidentified students for allegedly showing disrespect to the national anthem on the Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University (BGSBU) campus.
- DECEMBER 28: Tassaduq Mufti, brother of Mehbooba Mufti, inducted into the Cabinet.Watch video: Controversial statements made by Jammu & Kashmir politicians in 2017
Do let us know about a thing which we have missed in comments section.
Wish you a Happy New Year 2019.