Here is your 6-point guide to know Biking Queens:
- Group of 56 bikers that was founded by Dr Sarika Mehta, undertook a journey aimed at spreading awareness on female foeticide, girl child education, gender inequality, welfare and supportive measures for women empowerment across the country.
- The all women motorcycle expedition was flagged off by former Gujarat chief minister Anandiben Patel on July 19 last in Surat.
- In 2016 the group has achieved the feat after embarking on a journey of 10,000 kms covering 10 Asian countries and 12 Indian states. All women 10 Nation ride, connecting Asian countries through NH-1 i.e. India to Singapore with th mission to spread awareness about the noble cause of ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’.
- The riders have biked to KanyaKumari and then to Nagaland and Varanasi. From there, they travelled via Manali to Leh in Jammu and Kashmir meeting a chain of people mostly women. They have provided books and other educational kits to inhabitants of rural areas also.
- The riders have hoisted the national flag on August 15 at (7,583 feet high) Khardung La top. Watch Video: Why Patnitop is Known as Patnitop?
- Dr Sarika Mehta a doctor by profession headed the gang of women from 20 to 40 years of age. Professional bikers, doctors, students and housewives comprised the gang, all hailing from Gujarat.
The riders reached Jammu as part of their journey during their stay in Jammu, the women bikers stressed on the need to save girl children from getting killed in the fetus of their mothers. The bikers also spoke about why educating girl children is of utmost importance if India wants to be a superpower.
These bikers have definitely broken the mindset that women cannot do good in male bastions (like biking). But any girl can do it, if they chase their dreams and come out of their comfort zones.