According to news reports, cable car at picturesque destination of Patnitop, which was planned about 15 years back, is all set for the soft launch in the first week of next month along with other facilities like zip line, tubing sledge and magic carpet and all these facilities would give big boost to the tourists’ footfall around the year.
Here are few interesting things you should know about cable car at picturesque destination of Patnitop:
- The cable car at Patnitop was approved by the Board of Directors of Patnitop Development Authority in the month of January 2004. However, it was not followed by the successive Governments with the required vigour as a result of which its fate continued to hang in balance for years together.
- The cable car shall be having 18 cabins having the capacity of carrying 8 persons by each cabin or 144 persons in one ride from Sanget to Patnitop.
- The ride between the two towers can prove soothing and a feast to the eyes of the tourists to enjoy the scenic beauty of the entire area from a good height from the ground.
Read also: Why Patnitop is Known as Patnitop?
- The ropeway is one of the highest (ground clearance) and European standard certified ropeways in Asia with one of the longest spans between its towers with spacious state-of-the-art Gondolas are custom-crafted to captivate and frame the utter perfection of enthralling views all year round assuring the privilege of the most captivating birds’ eye view of the scenic destination.
- The project is being developed on build, own, operate, transfer (BOOT) basis. Empyrean Skyview Projects was the sole company to participate in the tendering process, and it was approved by the state cabinet.
With these added facilities, the turnout of the tourists is bound to see a fillip and a boost.