When it comes to outdoor sports, Golf is one of most intersting games. Many people like to play golf in their free times. In Jammu here we have got Jammu Tawi Golf Course located at Sidhra on the bank of River Tawi.
Here are some interesting things to know about Jammu Tawi Golf Course :
- The Golf Course is designed by internationally renowned designer Col. K.D. Bagga and associates.
- The course was commissioned in 24th April 2011.
- This 18 holes Golf Course with fairways of approximate 275 mtrs. length has two big and three small water bodies (lakes) and about 3200 mt. in long water channel.
- The course is laid with underground sprinkle irrigation system and has comfort stations/rain shelters.
- It has full fledged maintenance complex, a club house and about 6500 mtrs long pathway.
Read also: Bhaderwah becomes go-to place for B’wood directors
- The course is spread over an area of 81 hectares of land with following land management breakup:-1. Native Marsh (Preserved): 08 acres
2. Native Forest: 30 acres
3. Lakes: 02 acres
4. Trees planting and landscaped native land: 30 acres
5. Golf course with manicured grass: 69.74 acres
6. Club house and surroundings: 01 acre
7. Nursery: 3.46 kanals
8. Other areas with Fruit plants with wilderness zones
- The fairways are about 50 to 60 mtrs wide with mound, features and vary in length from 160 mtrs – 540 mtrs. The total length of the course 7400 mtrs is which consists of 4 par five, 10 par fours and 4 par three holes. Hazard area in the shape of beautiful lakes and artificial bunkers and other features make the course interesting and challenging in accordance with international championship standards.
This is the only 18 holes Golf course in Jammu Province with international standards with a multipurpose Club house.