- In a sudden development, Chinese state-run television CGTN has portrayed Pakistan Occupied Kashmir as part of original map of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Government of India has always maintained its status clear on the territory, claiming it to be an integral part of India, illegally occupied by Pakistan and China.
- The picture of the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir by China’s state run television was displayed while reporting the terror attack on Chinese consulate last Friday.
- It is not yet known whether this was a deliberate and calculated move by the Chinese government or not. This, however, may draw reaction from Islamabad and the Pakistan Army.
- Showing entire state of Jammu and Kashmir as part of India will also have implications for China-Pakistan-Economic-Corridor (CPEC).
- It is the very territory through which China is building its magnanimous CPEC corridor.
- Pakistan has illegally handed over the land to China for the project.
- India has strong reservations on CPEC as it violates its sovereignty.
It seems that China has felt the pain of Pak sponsored terrorism for the first time.