Maa Vaishno Devi’s devotees have been blessed with another track to reach the holy shrine. The track has been named as Tarakote Marg.
Here are some quick facts about the track:
- The track stretches between Ban Ganga and Adhkunwari.
- With a length of only 7 kms, the six-metre wide track is aimed to reduce rush on the existing tracks to the holy shrine.
- The track was opened recently in the presence of Governor NN Vohra and will be formally inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on May 19.
- The track was sanctioned after proposal by of the Governor to construct an alternate track in February 2011.
- The track has two bhojanalayas, four view points, seven toilet blocks and facilities for the convenience of elderly pilgrims and for the specially-abled.
- A medical unit with doctors, paramedics, medicines and equipment had been established to facilitate pilgrims.
- The track has been aesthetically landscaped and over 46000 ornamental plants, herbs, flowering and avenue trees have been planted to improve the ambience and three floating fountains.
Read also: Read to find out How old is the Vaishno Devi Shrine
Verily, the Dogras and devotees from all over the country have another reason to visit the much revered site these summers.