On 1st of February, the Indian Army issues the final merit list of SSCW (JAG-20) where a total of 28 women candidates have been shortlisted. The result has been declared for a total of 4 notified vacancies. As of now, the Indian Army has only released the SSCW (JAG)-20 Merit list for the JAG-20 entry which will commence from 2nd of April 2018. This time, a Jammu Girl, Ganiv Kaur has topped the list.
Ganiv Kaur feels pride to not only top the Merit list of SSCW (JAG-20) but to be a resident of Jammu. She takes Jammu as the land of warriors and is also ready to serve the motherland with her deeds.
“The love for my country runs in the blood of my family and I took it challenge to wear the uniform which my forefathers have been wearing” -Ganiv Kaur
Read also: It’s about a labourer working on a daily wage to fetching an IPL contract worth Rs 20 lakh
Some Interesting Points about Ganiv Kaur:
- Ganiv Kaur is the first Women from Jammu who have topped the merit list to join the JAG Course in Indian Army.
- She comes from an Army background family where she is termed to be the fourth generation (4th-Gen) Officer who will serve the motherland.
- Ganiv was successful in getting the recommendation in her first attempt.
- She has completed her Law education from Army Institute of Law, Mohali. She joined the college in 2012 and completed her Law studies in 2016.
- Currently, she is working as an Executive Trainee at HDFC Bank and is living in New Delhi.
- She has completed her schooling from Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan.