- The first batch of 2,280 pilgrims left from Bagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu today for this year’s Amarnath Yatra that begins on June 29.
- State Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh flagged off the first batch of pilgrims 5 a.m.
- The pilgrims left in as many as 72 vehicles.
- AV Chauhan, IG CRPF, today told that instead on the SSB officials, the whole responsibility of providing security to the pilgrims is has been assigned to the CRPF and that they, along with the Jammu and Kashmir Police have done everything possible to ensure a safe journey for the pilgrims.
- According to media reports militants are planning to target 100 policemen and as many pilgrims participating in the Amarnath Yatra “highest-ever multi-tier security setup” for yatra this time. The government has mobilised a heavy security blanket of over 35,000 to 40,000 troops including the police, the Army, the BSF and the CRPF.
error: Content is protected !!