With temperatures soaring above 40°C, and no respite from frequent power cuts, you are left to cope with the summers on your own. We at Jammu Virasat present to you 5 such coolers that will keep you hydrated and alive this season.
1) Baanta: Baanta, a desi carbonated lemon drink, sprinkled with some black salt is the ultimate refreshment.
2) Sugar cane juice: Sugar cane juice or Row, as it is called in Jammu, is readily available.
3) Gund gateera: Gund gateera, a traditional Dogra beverage, has been revamped and available everywhere as “Dilli ki Mashhoor Shikanji” for a couple of years. The drink is refreshing as well as healthy.
4) Laccha Kulfi: Savouries like kulfi, the traditional Indian ice-cream which melt slowly into the mouth, are the best pick by shoppers in crowded markets and a much needed treat during late-night summer walks.
5) A stroll by the River/canal side: The banks of Canal or river, drawing ice cold water from the Chenab , are thriving with visitors, especially in the evenings. A walk, by the canal, while having an ice cream is more of an experience than just refreshment.
If your favorite roadside cooler is not in the list do let us know.